- There are close to 2500 different types of Apples grown in Canada
- Honey bees are commonly used to pollinate apple trees. Help save the bees!!!
- The apple tree originated in Central Asia.
- Apples belong to the rose family.
- Apples are a good source of flavonoids, which have antioxidant properties. It is believed that this is highest in the peel. Eat your apples without peeling them!
- Apples are nutritious, providing a good source of natural energy, through natural carbohydrates, Vitamin C, potassium and boron.
- Eating apples is a good way to increase dietary fiber, in fact an average apple is said to contain more fiber that a bowl of oatmeal!
- An average size apple contains approximately 80 calories.